Today we are joined by Sarah Macalpine from Two Birds One Stone Farm, which is a small cut flower farm located near the shores of the Bay of Fundy.
Sarah and her husband, Kenny, recently moved to Nova Scotia from Ontario to start their business. They felt like they wanted to make a change in their life and be more involved in nature. Sarah talks about the great energy in the Annapolis Valley that attracted her after considering different areas in the Maritimes. There is a myth that growing is difficult where the farm is located, but Sarah shares that she has not found this to be the case; in fact, she finds that their growing season lasts longer. We then hear about new offerings from Two Birds One Stone Farm, like their subscription service and workshops.
- A bit about Sarah and the history of her and her husband.
- Choosing to live in Hall’s Harbour.
- What Two Birds One Stone Farm is like.
- An upcoming collaboration at the Acadia Craft Show.
- Expanding the business with a flower subscription over the summer.
https://www.wolfvillefarmersmarket.ca/ - Two Birds One Stone Farm attends from 8:30AM-1:00PM every Saturday
http://acadiacraftexpo.com/ - Two Birds One Stone Farm will be here this weekend (Nov 16-18)